Monday 11 March 2013

Sweetest Hello From Mare

Ugh, I know and fully aware that I'm kind of late to post the introduction thingy, but here's mine anyway ;D So... Hello there! My name is Mare. In Latin it means "sea". Nice to meet you all, and thanks for pay a visit to this random but fun and (hopefully) useful blog of ours! Have you noticed that not only the blog's but also all of the admins' names are basically came from ocean related thingy? Yeah, I guess I can say that we shared same interest in that field. Although I had some traumatic childhood experience in the sea, which had some drowning and big waves included that caused me to not be able to swim anymore, I still love it no matter what. Just by staring at the sea will bring peace to me. I can spend hours just to stare at the blue sea and the blue sky above it. Those two added with music and some sweet snacks are my stress reliever.

Anyways, this post is supposed to be a "get to know me" post, right? So here we go. About me, huh? Well, there are some random trivia about me that can describe me as a person, better than my name did. First of all, I'm an Asian girl. A not so well behaved girl, who's about to become a woman soon. Hehehe, I realized that all this time I've never acted my age. So yeah :p I wear full-frame glasses all the time. Not only because I have a bad sight which means I totally need it for a better vision, but also because it helps me to make my face looks even better. I utter complete nonsense most of the time. I REALLY hate it when there are spaces on my bangs. Before take a picture, I'll ALWAYS make sure that there are none first before straight a pose lol. I also bite my nails. I really want to overcome it but it can't just be cured right away. It's a habit. I love rain but totally hate thunder. Truth to be told, I'm the biggest pet peeve, I guess. I'm easily bored and easily distracted, which is bad, I know. I'm easily touched, which means easily cried too. BUT I have a great sense of humor and fun to be with. There's no one alive that is more me than me. That is truer than true. I'm Daddy's only daughter and awesome friend, I could be a caring sister too. Sometimes it feels like my Dad spoiled me too much, but who am I to ignore such a bless? Thus, his number is on my speed dial number 1. And oh my best feature would be my... Hmm, I'm not quite sure. My Dad said my eyes, whilst my Mom said my lips. For me, I would say my nose is. Although some people making fun of my nose because it looked like pig's nose they said, idk why but I still find my nose uniquely good and attractive.


I'm quite delusional for my own good, you know. I focus on fantasies too much. I have so many feels towards fictional characters. I've been into this anime and manga world since idk, elementary school? Anime and manga are part of my childhood (like Harry Potter). And to be honest, I thought that I already over this phase like 5678 years ago. But well, here I am, drowning back to this world full with fictional characters that I so freaking hope to come to live lol. I read and make fanfictions sometimes, err scratch that, most of the time. Who am I kidding? -__- I love to write although I'm not that good with words, but I've been doing this stuff since middle school. So I guess there's no point in denying that I, deep down, actually want to have a job that revolve around writing.

Like I stated earlier, I'm such a crybaby. Like seriously. Especially if my period time is about to come. Screw those stupid female hormones. I cried everytime I watched Finding Nemo, always on the same parts. So does with Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham and many other. I'm the type who's seeking for happy ending whenever I watched a drama. I will stop it immediately if I know it'll turn into sad ending. I hate sad ending so freaking much. I can’t handle "angst" very well, especially if there's "death" included in it. Because once I 
attracted to sad things, it will wounded at the core. Blame my wimpy heart. They said curiosity kills cat, but I love spoilers. They said gluttony is one of the 7 sins, but I love food so much. Food and hot/handsome guys are like... heaven on earth <333 Oh but since food is too mainstream now, I'll say that sleep is my new friend. You just can't imagine how rotten my sleeping pattern is. Another thing is, I’m childish and kind of scaredy cat. Well, that’s my youth speaking, which is also my charm, I guess.

I'm only good at one thing, procrastinating. I'm such a lazy bum. And since sloth is my biggest sin, my motto seems like revolve around it. "If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick. Stress is caused by giving a fuck." Which is bad, I know, but hey I'm just being honest here. Toy Story 3 is like the saddest movie ever cos it is the proof that our childhood is really over, and I really love it to the core. It feels like I'm not the only one who thought that toys were alive. As long as we still cherish those moments, then it will never be over. Truth to be told, I don't have any role model. I don't want to be the same with anyone, I want people to remember me as me. Lol cliche, huh? But seriously I don't. Maybe, I'm just too ignorant, idk. I have so many interests, but as I stated before, fictional characters are my main interest. Reading and writing (non academics related of course) also my main interest and my favorite things to do too. Heck, I'd still continue to read even when the black out occurred. My favorite books are mostly the ones that revolves around fantasy, gangster, romance (duh?), adventure, and real life thingy. I'm such a picky reader (MUST HAVE A HAPPY ENDING). Some of my fave books are Harry Potter especially the last book (Deathly Hallow) by J. K. Rowling, Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, Four Seasons of Love (Summer in Seoul, Autumn in Paris, Winter in Tokyo, and Spring in London) by Ilana Tan, Hanafiah Family (Lukisan Hujan, Putri Hujan dan Ksatria Malam, Pesan Dari Bintang) by Sitta Karina, and also Thoughtless, Effortless, and Reckless by S.C. Stephens. I love listening to music, but don't give me ballad because I might barfing unicorn just by hearing it. In order to be able to getting me hooked with it, that music must has ear-catchy intro, addictive melodies, and attractive chorus. I prefer easy listening ones. I don't care if they're labeled groups or indie groups. Not that I care what is mainstream or not anymore, since anti-mainstream becomes mainstream nowadays. I love K-Pop, K-Indie, and K-HipHop a lot. Some of them are BIGBANG, 2NE1, Lee Hayi, Jay Park, Raspberry Field, Standing Egg, Urban Zakapa, Milktea, Peppertones, Leesang, MFBTY, Zion T, Tasha, etc. I also love listening to anime soundtracks since those kind of songs talks not only about love related thingy. And don't forget about Glee cast. I adore their voices. I love all of their covers most of the time, because mostly their covers are far batter than the real ones. Movies, huh? First of all, mostly I hate it when my favorite books were turned into movies. Because the movie version usually sucks (except anime in some cases). But still, the cast is lovely. Yeah, I'm talking about Harry Potter here. I love The Notebook, The Vow, 500 Days of Summer, Habibie & Ainun, Up, and etc (mostly anime and disney movies though). My all time favorite series is of course one and only Friends.


Since I love fictional characters and BIGBANG a lot, so currently I'm in a relationship with people who doesn't even exist and people who doesn't even know about my existence AAAND also my laptop (who btw has a relationship with internet, yeah we're doing threesome here) who always provides my needs with feels (about those people) till I drowned within it. My current obsession is TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A SLENDER BODY LIKE MANNEQUIN. That's actually my obsession since high school which I always failed to do so. And also One Piece. OMG don't make me start something that I can't even finish, I can spend hours just to tell you about my overwhelming feels toward this fictional story. Thus, Japan is one of the places that I want to visit so bad. I want to visit them animation studios and see how they work things out there. I also wanna visit Korea again, I miss Korea so bad, heck I even miss the elderly who gave ginseng candy to me :'p London is a place that I must set my feet on someday, so does Paris and Rome. 


I'm not that good with fashion either. Although vintage fashion attracts me the most, I guess simplicity suits me better. I always grab anything that looks good on me and I always wear the first thing that caught within my reach everyday. But I gotta say, polkadot never fails to attract me. My friend even called me 'polkadot girl'. I love vanilla so freaking much, thus my signature fragrance is vanilla. I've never did once change my perfume's fragrance because I can't take my heart away from vanilla essence <333 
The first thing I do when I wake up beside stretching is putting my glasses on. I can't live without my glasses after all. Seriously it's just scary not being able to see things clearly, and all you see is blur images. My weirdest habit is... I love talking to myself. Especially in front of mirror. Ugh, please don't picture it in your head, it feels weird. I have a few wishlist(s) actually, like going on a vacation with family, graduate before summer ends, new smartphone, my own car, also G-Dragon's solo concert ticket, AAAAAAND passionate love lmao. And oh I want to be able to draw anything too. Since I suck at art, I envy those people who can draw and sketch.

This is the last random thing in this post, if I were animal I would be an nocturne owl, I guess. This is solemnly because I can handle sleepless night very well. Beside, owl is still categorised as bird right? And birds can fly. I really want to fly through the sky and feel the breeze of the wind. That must what peace really is. 


And that's a wrap! Those are random trivia about me that you should know. I will end it with some favorite quotes of mine. See you in another post then. Ciao! :D


"It's important to develop dark shades in one's character; like setting contrast in image editing. Just make sure the proportion's right."


"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one” - C. S. Lewis



-Mare-

No comments:

Post a Comment