Saturday 9 March 2013

Get To Know BADA

Hi everyone, my name is Bada and this is my first post in this brand new blog. Im so excited to post in this blog because this blog was created spontaneously by 3 of us ( ya I know, we are so random ). We created this blog because we thought its gonna be fun if there are more people organizing one blog, as the content will not be monotonous and we can keep this blog posted regularly with anything we found interesting, amazing. This blog was also created to make our days as student ( not to mention our final year lol ) more productive, because sometimes we tend to just throw ourself in the corner of our room sleeping if we have nothing to do, this blog is meant to motivate ourself and keep us productive even in a fucking lazy days, cool. Well, enough raving, Im just gonna go introduce myself yay :)

So as you all know, I already mentioned my name, its BADA. That means sea or ocean in Korean. I go with this name because I love sea. I remember there was one time when Im so obsessed with a particular fictional mythical figure called Nyi Roro Kidul. That was a long story to tell, but briefly I found that this character is so cool. She lives deep beneath the South Sea ( without a gas tank ), she is uber beautiful that even the Sultan would fall for her, she is powerful that she can do some magic tricks, and other jawdropping abilities she has. Call me nuts for idolizing this figure, but frankly, I actually never intentionally idolize her, it was just coincidence. It all started from jokes I usually told to my friends about this figure, but later on it became a habit, and people started to relate me with this figure, weirdo. Other than that, I see sea as a symbol of hope and dream. Why?. Because its endless, we can dream and hope as big as we could, the possibility is also limitless, just like the sea that has no limit. So keep dreaming big guys :), you will never know in the end of the day you will find yourself living your dream. But always keep in mind that there's no ocean with no waves and storm, so keep alarmed but stay cool just like the gentle sea breeze. Third reason why my name is Bada, because I love Korea, I love the language, I love the culture, I love most things about Korea. I will tell the rest of the story of my obsession to Korea in other post, since this post is getting too long.

Back to myself, I have some interests that I've been keeping on doing for quite a long time. The first one and my ultimate interest is drawing. I love to draw ever since I know how to grip a pencil. I remember when I was younger, the wall in my house was full of my masterpiece. My mom used to get mad at me when she found me out drawing on the wall again and again, because I literally drew anything, from rainbows to giant anacondas. My interest in drawing continues up until right now but I rarely publish it to other people ( even some closest people around me might not know I can draw ), its more like a self therapy for myself and self satisfaction. Some people already told me to be bold with this skill so that I can excel on it, but I never really listened, since I was a very realistic person, I didnt think I can live with being an artist. But when I grow older and maturer, I started to realize that the best job in the world might be the thing you enjoy the most. But I keep practicing, no regrets, I still find drawing enjoyable and the most awesome thing in the world. Since I love to draw, I also love things related to arts or visual arts. I love graphic design, photography, interior design, product design, and anything about visual design.

Besides drawing and visual design, I also love to travel. Finding out some new places, getting lost, seeing new cultures are always a bliss for me. I love backpacking and I hate travelling in a tour. I hope I can have a job related to travelling, that would be super cool. My dream destinations are exotic places in South East Asia, right now Im dying to go to Angkor Watt in Cambodia, Luang Prabhang in  Laos, and Pagan in Burma. Im also dying to visit Europe, Viena, Geneva ( these two I heard a lot in the class during lecture lol ), Prague, Italy, Paris, Islamabad, and many more. But on top of those, I always ant to explore my own country, Indonesia on the first hand. This country is sooo georgeous but the government is busy dealing with other stuff so the tourism endorsement ( which is so fucking important for our income ) is left neglected. What a shame!. I hope I can make a change in the future, with the smallest effort I could do.

Moving on to the role models in my life. Thinking about this stuff, I actually dont know how to answer this since I dont really have a specific one. I dont really follow one specific person's idea or whatever ( well Nabi Muhammad is exception isnt he? ). But talking about person who has biggest influence on me, I would say they are my parents. They've been raising me with super awesome values and great efforts that I can be who I am right now. Im forever grateful to have them in my life. Thankyou mom and dad for the lessons of life you've taught me. My dad taught me how to be a gentle, responsible, honest, faithful, and how to love arts, while my mom taught me of being a hardworking, social, and a strong one. They are a perfect role models for me

The best physical feature I might have maybe are my eyes. I love how they look since they are just in perfect size for me I guess, not small not big. And I've been getting many compliments from my Korean friends about it ( well, korean is one of the most honest and mean society when it comes to judging physical features, so I chose to believe on it ).

Books. I do like to read, but Im a really picky one. The first chapter would be the one which decide whether I will continue reading that book or not. I like reading fantasy, true story, and some casual novels. My all time favorite books are The Alchemist-Paulo Coelho, Le Petit Prince-Antoine de Saint Exupery, Harry Potter-JK Rowlings ( My favorite one is "The Goblet of Fire" ), and Supernova-Dewi Lestari ( My favorite is "Pangeran, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh" ).

Movies. The same thing with my reading taste which is more in a mainstream side, I like to watch mainstream movies too, Hollywoods yay. Hey, entertainment is all about how to be entertained and have fun, so dont think to much ( well at least this is my shallow principle lol ). But nowadays I like to watch vintage movies, I found them having a unique charm ( Ask where to find them?. Go to PrimaNet! ). I like documentary movies too, especially the ones with social issues or historical theme.

Music. Currently Im in a love hate relationship with Korean Music. I listen to KPop, their Indie Music, and their folk music. I can say their soft power is so strong that it can easily penetrate anyone, dang!. Once again being in the mainstream side, but whatever guys hahhaha. My favorite singers and groups ( labeled and indie ) are K.Will, Huh Gak, Ailee, Ali, Nell, Baek Ji Young, Davichi, Noel, Geeks, Standing Egg, Urban Zakappa, One More Chance, Busker Busker, Sistar. Besides the contemporary music, I like listening to the their folk song and music as well. I learned how to play Korean traditional instrument called Bbuk and Changgu and I love it.

Current obsessions are : Not to gain weight, speak French and Korean well, Make use of my skill so that it can earn penny.

One of my favorite thing to do is waking up early, grab my headphones, and go ride my bike to enjoy the morning breeze and beautiful early morning sky color. I hope I can do it more often :).

My fashion taste and daily outfits screams simplicity and casual. Most thing I would wear to go to campus are t-shirt and jeans. I love plaid shirts and hoodie too, they are awesome and comfortable. But the fashion statement that will always present in my everyday outfits would be a pair of hi-top sneakers, super awesome and give a little bit of "hit" to your outfit. Oh and also glasses. I love huge glasses, for some reason it fits my face quite well.

I dont wear perfume that often, only when I feel like wearing it. But my favorite scent is the scent that is not too strong and overwhelming. I like the scent in the calming, easy, musky one. Right now Im wearing the scent called Sunshine, which smells like the men moisturizer lotion from Etude House lol.

First thing I would do when I wake up in the morning is going to toilet

My weirdest habit I have is singing out loud on the street when I ride my motorbike. I often put on my earphones while riding and I often sing along loudly to the song I listen. Well since nobody will care that much because I am riding on the street. Besides singing, sometimes I ramble in english or in korean, pretending I'm having a conversation with someone. Please dont judge ;D

My wishlist rightnow are : New Smartphone and an Ultrabook

If I were an animal, I would be a dog. I can be loyal to someone once I know that person well, but I can bite some strangers that get in my way ( though I bite elegantly )

One thing I could not live without are my glasses. I had this very unpleasant experience when I travelled by myself to Jakarta and I broke my glasses. It was so tough to even see your surroundings, looking for the right terminal in the airport, and read building's name. That was one crappy experience cant be repeated in my life ever again.

Last but not least is a simple quote by me, "Life is an endless struggle between you and yourself, not between you and anyone else". So be confident and keep your chin up!. Show the world you've conquered yourself :)

So that's few things about me, I hope it gives you a better picture of myself and my personality. Have a great day :). I will try to keep posting regularly.

BADA

No comments:

Post a Comment