Saturday 9 March 2013

Meet Jūra

Hi, welcome to this newly born bloggie! My name is Jūra, one of the admins of this blog. Jūra is a twenty-year-old girl who has a serious and ridiculous memory problem, that Jūra can hardly recall someone's name by only recognizing her/his face. This is a big problem for Jūra. Oh, I almost forget to tell the meaning of my name, Jūra is 'sea' in both Latvian and Lithuanian. Sea is closely related to oceanic things, well I named myself with this name simply because I love beaches so much, it feels so relaxing by even only imagining that we are at a beach, listening to the waves like our favorite songs, lay down our body on its white and warm sands, oh... So refreshing.

I'm a real music addict, I can tell that music is one of my biggest interests in my life. I don't know, it's like my second belief I've been embracing currently. Well, this is even the first thing that I do when I wake-up in the morning, because it gives me energy to open up my eyes and gives me spirit to get my ass off of the bed. I listen to various kind of music genres (from folk, post-rock, trip-hop, to hardcore, or even dangdut), and also listen to thousand bands from the old ages ones, mainstreams, and independents (like Culture Club, Maroon 5, Little Dragon, Sigur Ros, Beat Connection, Bag Raiders, Celine Dion, Alesana, and so on). It depends on my current mood. This could be a reason why I'm (fortunately) able to sing, and being a main vocalist in my highschool band (this band still exists up until now, anyway).
I also crave for some arts, and highly apreciate those people who have such talent and interests in arts. Since I don't draw or paint, I envy people who are able to do that to the moon. Hey, for readers who are mastering these activities, teach me some, would you?

Some of my role models in my life are musicians or artists, but there are only three persons that I considered as the most influencing role models in my life. I place Daddy, my most favorite man in the world on the top of the list, because to me, he's a great advisor in my life. He taught me everything, from a simplest thing like 'sholat' 5 times a day to some of bigger lessons of life. He is also my favorite partner to discuss everything, from simple issues, politics, religious-related things, arts, and many interesting issues (we also discuss and update about entertainment gossips). The next one is Suzzanna, it's because she's beautiful but she scares everyone by only remembering her appearance in her horror movies. Her acting is very remarkable. It really inspires me a lot and I think she is the best icon of Indonesia's horror movies, I dare say. And I want people remember me like they remember Suzzanna, pretty and scary at the same time. And the last person is AECI, she is a really nicest mate of mine and my closest bestfriend ever. She is clever and wise, she also taught me many things related to academic things and some of life lessons, she motivates me to do great things and chase for achievements to make people proud of myself. She always has great advices for me to take decisions to make my life much way better. Oh and I considered her as my second sister and her family as my second family :')

I like to read books (but not a bookworm, for sure), I read novels and also handbooks about politics. My favorite books are: "Waktu Aku Sama Mika" (because the story made me cry like a baby! So touching! T_T) and Dynamics of Diplomacy, because this one is the first handbook that I finished (it means I've read the whole chapters) in my entire college life. And I'm very keen on watching movie! This kind of activity is the most effective way for me to learn many things in such a whole interesting complex package (stories, casts, soundtracks, movie scripts). Some of my fave movies are Titanic, Cin(T)a, Pride and Prejudice, The Number 23, and Mr.Nobody.

As a normal human being, I also have some weird habits, but the weirdest one is whenever I meet up with girls, I usually take a glance at their boobs first before I look at their faces. I'm straight by the way, and it's not because I envy the size of their boobs, big NO (mine have satisfying cup size and that fact is pretty intimidating for those girls with flat chests). But, I just don't understand why I keep doing this gross habit up until now.

My favorite things in the world are: gadgets because they are very useful for a modern lazy-ass like me; eggdrops biscuits because it tastes so good and cute; durian because this has a heavenly flavour and you'll feel more exotic after eating this fruit; banana and apple because these two are perfect when they are mixed in a bowl with oatmeal; Hello Kitty because it's simply cute and really representing me as a cute girl (puke); and fragrances because it will keep you away from kind of odd magical body odors.
I have found a favorite and signature scent, it's rose, it smells so good to me. The flower itself has a feminine and elegant look but it has thorns to protect itself from threats. It really represents a woman. As women, we may look weak and fragile, but, actually we do have a great power inside that will come out whenever we face problems or simply to protect ourselves from some threats. That is why I feel like a real woman when I spray rose perfumes and or rub my body with rose lotion/body butter.

I really like my dark complexion, and I'm proud of saying that it is my best feature of my whole body parts. This tanned-easily skin makes people easy to remember me as an exotic girl ;p
And having such skin tone doesn't limit me to do some fashion experiments. I don't like being casual, or mainstream in wearing outfits. Honestly I really like to be the center of attention, so that is why I'm often being experimentally ill in fashion. I don't continuously wear tees and jeans some couple of days in a week. I love to mixmatch my current outfits to invent a new quirky-odd-chic appearance. Like being androgyny and feminine at the same time by wearing a dress which combined with a man's shirt. It's really fun, trust me!

My current obsessions are: to be graduated as soon as possible without doing much tireless efforts and get a job as a journalist or reporter for VoA (how could I even think of that?!), and... (drum rolls) Jared Leto. Holy Kitty, he's my current biggest obsession and also most sinful distraction! I just don't understand why he could get 25-year-old look at 41, stay young, hot, and seductive! I really like the moment when he's asked by this question "what turns you on?" and naughtily he answered the question by asking back "what doesn't turn me on?" Kyaaaaaakyaaaaa what a horny rape-able uncle!

There are some things that I really really really want to do and want to get currently. First, I wish Daddy is willing to buy me a DSLR and Polaroid camera. And for things I want to do these days are backpacking and learn to play guitar. I have imagined and dreamt of travelling (as a backpacker) to some places I really want to visit. Here are the lists: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Scottland, The Netherlands, Germany, Bhutan, Myanmar, and South Korea. These countries are quite interesting to visit and to explore. But I have to earn and save huge amount of money. So that is why in the same time I feel the urge to learn to play guitar. I want to make my own music (songs) and sell them to earn money hahahaha. Well these are just some of my wishlists, I hope it all will be done as soon as possible, though :p

I've seriously dated 3 guys in 20 years of my life. One at Junior-High school (it only lasts for a month and 10 days), the second one was when we're at the second year of college (2010-2011), and the latest one has officially ended on January, this year, and it only lasts for about 3 months. And, Glenn Freddly's song, titled January reminds me of him and our quickie-express relationship hahahaha. So, now I'm single but mingle but delusionally taken by Beat Connection's Thomas (Tom) Eddy who really looks like my hottie-hunk senior at college!

If there's one thing in my life that I can't live without, I will say it must be a religion. Why religion? Because, to me, it spiritually leads us (humans) to keep our every "step of life" in a rightest track. God creates us, and we're nothing without God. I believe that someone who embraces one religion faithfully will do better things than the "independent" believers. Well it's just my humble opinion.

And if I were an animal, I would be Lutung Kasarung, since that kind of ape has black furs, smart, and there was a legend about Lutung Kasarung in Indonesia. And I want to be a legend too :p

So that's all for my long and random mumbling. Sorry this is too long for an introduction. But hopefully, it will inspire you who read my brief (?!) "about me". Oh and, one last thing, I want to include my own quotation as a closing of The Introduction of Jūra:

"I am the ocean, you are the waves, and they are just the swimming dolphins" (Jūra Seewier).

To me, this quote of mine has a deep meaning. Ocean and waves are like two things which impossible to be apart, just like you and your partners or your beloved ones (families and friends). Ocean will always need The Waves, they have a mutual re-enforcing correlation. And the dolphins refer to the people that surround you, the outsiders of your primary relationship, they could be the nice ones or the bad ones. But if you're united like Ocean and The Waves, you'll be too strong to be taken down. So, live happily and hold the ones you love close, be united and unbreakable.

Nice to meet you,
Sincerely,

Jūra

No comments:

Post a Comment